Stay focused on the bout
When you're directing an intense bout, you don't want to have to think about anything besides the bout. You already need to keep your attention on so many different things--why add another? En Garde lets you devote full attention to the bout thanks to haptic feedback, audio cues, and a large UI. It displays a toast message every time you perform an action, so you know exactly what you just did. You can even undo your previous actions to correct for any mistakes!
- Large timer and score indicators.
- Clean UI showing only the most important information.
- Full featured penalties and cards.
- Undo recent actions (FIFO ordering).
- Tap indicators to interact (e.g. tap on a score to add a point, tap on time to start/stop the timer).
- Timer stops when score is added, card is issued, or any blank space is touched.
- Haptic feedback (vibration) when timer is paused or resumed interaction, allowing focus to remain on the bout.
- Alarm at the end of each period (turn your volume up).
- Automatic minute break between periods.
- Automatic priority when applicable.
- Skip periods from the overflow menu.
- Show or hide the 'double touch' button based on preferences.
- AMOLED black mode: conserve battery on devices with AMOLED screens by changing the background color to true black.
- Manage entire pools from within the app: completely eliminate the need for pencil and paper in fencing.
- Integrate with tournament management software (either Fencing Time or FOSS alternative): wirelessly send scores, pools, etc. to tournament administration
- Create "scoreboard": use a large-screen device as a scoreboard (tablet, PC, etc.) that is controlled by the handheld device to allow fencers and spectators to see important information.
- Eliminate the need for expensive scoreboards and other hardware with cheaper devices.
- Make directing less frustrating.
- Help fencing grow as a sport.
En Garde is now available in both stable and beta forms from Google Play. Get the stable branch if you know you're going to be using the app at tournaments.
If you really don't want anything to do with Google+ and/or Google Play, you can download the most recent APK directly. No promises of stability! Make sure to enable "Unknown sources" in Settings -> Security on your phone.